Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Intro Post

Welcome to my California Diaries blog. I'm going to be recapping/reviewing/snarking on Ann M. Martin's* "mature" follow-up series to The Baby-Sitters Club. Eating disorders, abusive boyfriends**, underage drinking, suicide--these books were just a barrel of laughs, weren't they?

I may throw in a few other books from time to time, if I can find the ones I was forced to give away before moving out of my parents' house. I'd love to do the Saddle Club. They had some pretty ridiculous "very special episode" books. I also have to check the library for that Christian drug-addiction short series I remember reading a couple years ago.

A little about me: I'm 25, which makes me a proud product of the 80s. I have a degree in English literature and I'm beginning a Humanities master's program in August. I love YA lit and hope to someday get a YA novel published. I am a three-time participant in Nanowrimo and I also write fanfiction, which can be found here.

I hope to get the first CD entry up tonight.




*I wonder if AMM even reads these after they're published or if she just cashes the checks.
**And sublimated homosexuality, but that goes without saying.

No comments: